|Featured Shen Gong Wu:||Ying Yo-Yo|
|Main enemy:||Chase Young|
|Editor:||Christopher D. Lozinski|
|Written by:||Stephen Sustarsic|
|Premiere network:||Kids' WB|
|Xiaolin Showdown episodes|
|Dangerous Minds||Saving Omi|
|On the Wiki:|
"Judging Omi" is the thirty-eighth episode of Xiaolin Showdown. It was written by Stephen Sustarsic and David Silverman and directed by Stephen Sandoval. It was broadcasted in the United States on Kids WB on May 21, 2005.
When Master Fung is trapped in the Ying-Yang World by Chase Young, the only way they can free him is with the Ying Yo-Yo, which they lost to Jack Spicer. Omi is then tricked into going into the Ying-Yang World alone. But when he returns with Master Fung, Omi's appearance and personality change for the worse due to the fact that his good chi has been left in the Ying-Yang World which has Omi turning to the side of evil and working alongside Chase Young.
Master Fung tells the Warriors that one of them will soon advance to Wudai Warrior level, and after some petty arguing about who is most qualified, each one tries to find out who it is. They are all convinced it will be them, despite Dojo saying he does not know who it is because he cannot keep quiet. A Shen Gong Wu is revealed, the Ying Yo-Yo, which lets the user travel to the Ying-Yang world. Dojo stays behind to avoid a yelling-at about the Wudai Warrior business, so Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay ride the Shen-Ga-Roo but during the ride Raimundo starts feeling ill. Eager to prove themselves for the new title, each of the monks faces a member of Jack's team, which consists of Cyclops, Katnappe, Vlad, and Tubbimura. Raimundo accidentally grosses them out when the Cyclops grabs him, and he throws up all over the Cyclops. Kimiko summons her fire element and defeats Katnappe. Omi deals with Vlad while Clay deals with Tubbimura. While the monks fight, Chase Young casually switches the Shen Gong Wu for a fake one, which Jack manages to collect.
After losing the Shen Gong Wu, the Warriors confront Dojo at the temple when Chase appears in the doorway, and in the next second, the room is in pieces and Dojo-bot is broken. While the monks check the vault and find nothing missing, they learn that Master Fung has been taken and transported to the Ying-Yang world, but they cannot rescue him without the Ying Yo-Yo. Raimundo tells Omi that "you used Fountain of Hui and the Eagle Scope because you knew the secret of destroying evil". Kimiko tells Omi "maybe we could use you've learned to help find Master Fung. Omi says "but I cannot do that." Clay asks Omi "why in tarnation, not"? Omi tells Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay that he gave Chase Young his word. Raimundo asks Omi "why would a Xiaolin monk have to keep his word to an evil villain like Chase" but Omi tells and points at Raimundo "Because apparently unlike you, I take my word as a Xiaolin monk very seriously! "Honor is what separates us from evil" then Raimundo steps back. Clay says "from now on, I reckon, we should vote what to do" and Kimiko says "in case of a tie, Dojo will decide". Dojo asks "me?" and says "that's way too much responsibility" then he shows his swollen tongue because he cannot handle that kind of pressure. Omi asks "vote that is most ridiculous" "what do you think this" "a delicacy". Omi goes to get it from Jack, using the Changing Chopsticks to avoid detection, and he learns Jack is planning a raid of the Temple with his army of evil. Cyclops' steps make tiny Omi fall into the toilet, which Cyclops goes to drink out of. Jack comes up, slaps Cyclops with some paper, and flushes it. Omi uses the Gills of Hamachi to survive while he is being rushed out into a river. He runs back to the Temple, but only Dojo has escaped, while the other three are tied to a board, about to be tickled by Jack's ticklebot because they will not tell him the combination to the vault. Omi knows that only Chase Young can help him and goes to Chase for help, who says he will help him fight Jack. Omi says, "I do not wish to sound ungrateful, but why?" Chase replies, "Because Spicer is an insect, and I enjoy squashing insects." He also offers Omi a place by his side, which Omi refuses.
At the Temple, Jack's army and bragging are easily cut down to size by Chase's army of tiger warriors. The few Jack-bots not beaten by the warriors are shredded by Omi and Chase's seamless tandem attacks. Then Omi turns to his friends, and as their suffering laughter plus the maliciousness of the tickle-bot echoes in his ears, he flies into a rage and destroys the machine. He helps them out of their restraints while Chase shakes down Jack for the fake Ying Yo-Yo. While no-one is looking, he switches it back for the real one so it would appear that Jack had it the whole time. He offers it to Omi, who is about to take it when the other three stop him, saying they should talk to Dojo first to find out more about the Ying-Yang world. Chase glares at them for interfering with his plan, but Omi only says, "A true warrior acts first and worries later." He grabs the Wu and goes into the Ying-Yang world. The remaining monks are allowing this to sink in while Chase is trying (and failing) to hide a grin.
Omi walks past shelves of countless bottles and then sees Master Fung, who is in a meditative state and does not respond to Omi's questions. Omi picks him up with one hand and returns to Earth.
However, when he is leaving the Ying-Yang world, a bottle on a shelf rolls to the ground, with a picture of Omi's face appearing on it, revealing that it is Omi's good chi.
As Omi approaches the exit, unfortunately, the nine dots on his forehead rotate to form a diamond angle, along with his eyes briefly turning white with a red hue, which means that his evil side is now in control.
When Omi steps out of the portal, his eyes are normal again but he has a glare on his face as Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay congratulate him for succeeding. Kimiko hugs Omi and says it's good to have him back but he lightly pushes her off of him, when Omi says in a harsh tone, "But I am not back. I am not coming back," and then tells Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay that when he tried to lead them, they didn't follow and when he tried to talk, they didn't listen to him either before stating that only one person stood by Omi, believed in him, and trusted him when Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay didn't.
As this goes on, Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay stare at Omi in disbelief. Omi walks over to Chase, who tells him that he made a wise choice by joining him. Chase then announces that at long last the prophecy has been realised and a huge wind blows up with Dojo announcing that it's the end of the world and that a thousand years of darkness has begun.
With lightning striking in the background, Omi's appearance magically changes. His black eyes turn white with a red hue and his red robe with a purple belt has turned into a black robe with a red lining and sash. It then shows Omi standing there, engulfed by his newfound power, smiling evilly.
The world then breaks in two, leaving nothing but carnage and destruction in its wake.
Chase then tells Omi that now that he's chosen the Heylin way, Chase will rule the world with Omi by his side.
In the background, Jack isn't too thrilled, stating that he should be in Omi's position, causing Wuya to remark, "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride".
As they watch Omi's evil come to fruition, Kimiko is in shock that Omi has fallen to the dark side. Clay then remarks that at least things can't get any worse but Dojo accidentally pushes Master Fung off some steps, presumably leaving the man injured.
As Master Fung keeps on falling, Dojo remarks that maybe it's time to take that well-deserved vacation.
Revealed Shen Gong Wu
|Main article: Ying Yo-Yo|
The Ying Yo-Yo is a Shen Gong Wu that allows the user(s) to teleport to the Ying-Yang World. When used, it creates a portal that allows the user to enter through Ying-Yang World. It was found near a rock in a forest.
Shen Gong Wu Tally
- Mantis Flip Coin
- Two-Ton Tunic
- Eye of Dashi
- Third-Arm Sash
- Fist of Tebigong
- Monkey Staff
- Tangle Web Comb
- Golden Tiger Claws
- Changing Chopsticks
- Sword of the Storm
- Helmet of Jong
- Falcon's Eye
- Sapphire Dragon
- Serpent's Tail
- Orb of Tornami
- Star Hanabi
- Lotus Twister
- Longi Kite
- Tongue of Saiping
- Sun Chi Lantern
- Heart of Jong
- Shard of Lightning
- Silver Manta Ray
- Crystal Glasses
- Wushu Helmet
- Thorn of Thunderbolt
- Tunnel Armadillo
- Ju-Ju Flytrap
- Silk Spitter
- Ruby of Ramses
- Mind Reader Conch
- Shadow of Fear
- Crouching Cougar
- Lasso Boa Boa
- Monsoon Sandals
- Mosaic Scale
- Monarch Wings
- Lunar Locket
- Gills of Hamachi
- Black Beetle
- Emperor Scorpion
- Zing Zom-Bone
- Fountain of Hui
- Moonstone Locust
- Woozy Shooter
- Golden Finger
- Manchurian Musca
- Shroud of Shadows
- Sweet Baby Among Us
Lost Shen Gong Wu
Did you know
- Raimundo is the second teenage boy to vomit during this episode after Jack vomitted into Clay's hat when he rides on Dojo during the episode Days Past
- Omi is the second monk to switch to the Heylin side and joins Chase Young at the end of this episode after Raimundo switched sides to join Wuya during the episode In the Flesh when Raimundo himself won the showdown against Jack Spicer.
- The way Chase offers Omi a place by his side during this episode is similar to the way Wuya offered Raimundo to join her on the Heylin side during the episode In the Flesh.
- When Chase tells Omi that Jack Spicer is an insect during the episode is similar to the way Wuya told Raimundo that Jack Spicer is a gnat at the beginning of Days Past.
- Jack and Chase snap their fingers during this episode like Raimundo did during the episode Citadel of Doom to make more Golems. Plus, Jack snapped his fingers when he has Chase's powers during the episode The New Order.
- This is the third episode that the end of the world is mentioned of In the Flesh, Enter the Dragon and Screams of the Siren. It will also mention at the end of The Life and Times of Hannibal Roy Bean.
- The room that Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko, Clay and Dojo are at reappears again after The Journey of a Thousand Miles when Master Fung introduced Omi to Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay for the first time.
- Raimundo made a reference to the previous episode when Omi used the Fountain of Hui and the Eagle Scope.
- When Raimundo tries to blow Jack Spicer away to prevent the latter from entering Omi's ear during this episode referenced when Wuya blew Kimiko away during the episode The Last Temptation of Raimundo while the former possessed Raimundo's body.
- This is the second episode that Wuya says "excellent" after In the Flesh when she said "excellent" while Raimundo showed her that he successfully stole the Serpent's Tail from the Xiaolin Temple's vault. Wuya will say "excellent" during the episode Omi Town (episode).
- When Raimundo says "bad idea" during this episode referenced the previous episode when Clay said "bad idea". Plus, when Raimundo is about to vomit while riding the Shen-Ga-Roo referenced when Jack vomitted into Clay's hat while riding on Dojo during the episode Days Past.
Omi and Chase Young vs Army of Evil